The industrial production value in Binh Duong increased by 24.6% per year on average, with industrial zones and clusters constantly being improved and connected. By the end of the first quarter of 2022, Binh Duong is currently ranked 2nd in the country in terms of FDI attraction and for many consecutive years, it has always been ranked 1st in the province’s competitiveness index (PCI).
Outstanding advantages in geographical location, transportation infrastructure
Binh Duong is located in the Southeast area of Vietnam and has the advantage of being a trade gateway connecting the Central Highlands provinces with Ho Chi Minh City – the economic center of the country and the provinces in the southern key economic region. Traffic, especially the road system in Binh Duong, is very developed, with many arterial roads such as National Highway 13, Ho Chi Minh Road, Ring Road 3, Ring Road 4, and Trans-Asia Road. From Binh Duong, it is convenient to connect with Tan Son Nhat International Airport and major seaports in the region such as Cat Lai, and Cai Mep-Thi Vai.
Along with focusing on investment in road transport infrastructure, Binh Duong also develops the railway transport system. Of which, the route Di An – Loc Ninh and the route Ho Chi Minh City – My Tho – Can Tho – Ca Mau are accelerating progress. Metro line 1 connecting Ben Thanh and Suoi Tien is under construction, expected to be put into operation in 2023, will help Binh Duong connect conveniently with Ho Chi Minh City and Dong Nai.
The favorable geographical position gives Binh Duong many opportunities for economic – cultural – social development: easily circulating goods, exchanging, and trading with Ho Chi Minh City and neighboring economic regions, easily accessing not only domestic but also international capital and human resources. The flat terrain also creates favorable conditions for the construction of an industrial park, factories in Binh Duong, and the development of the industrial strengths of the province.
Attractive investment environment
In addition to its prime location, developed transport and infrastructure, Binh Duong is always at the top of the localities highly appreciated in the Provincial Competitiveness Index (PCI). In 2021, Binh Duong was the 1st-ranked locality in the Southeast region’s PCI rankings again.
In the PCI component indexes in 2021, Binh Duong has 05 increasing indexes including Land Access and Security of Tenure, Transparency and Access to Information, Time Costs and Regulatory Compliance, Informal Charges, and Business Support Services.
The province is actively seeking every solution to attracting increasingly high-quality and effective FDI capital, keeping conditions such as a clean land fund well-prepared, proactively planning industrial parks, and technology ecosystems, conducting human resources training, building social housing, housing for workers, etc. Binh Duong focuses on potential partners such as the US, Europe, Japan, Korea, Singapore, etc. to cooperate, receive technology transfer, and take advantage of the ability to spread them to the domestic industry. Over the past time, Binh Duong has continuously organized seminars and online conferences to promote investment, which attracts the attention of a large number of businesses and large corporations all over the world.
At the online Korean Investment Promotion Conference held on November 9, 2021, Mr. Yeh Ming Yuh, General Director of Polytex Far Eastern Co., Ltd. commented that Binh Duong has a pretty good planning vision, he said: “Investors highly appreciate Binh Duong’s efforts and determination in improving the investment and business environment, and developing transport infrastructure synchronously and widespread. Realizing the development orientation of Binh Duong in the future is the reason why we have decided to double the production scale of the factory in Bau Bang Industrial Park.”
With the right investment promotion policies and an open investment environment, Binh Duong’s industry has achieved many remarkable achievements. Binh Duong has ranked second among Vietnam countries in terms of FDI attraction for many consecutive years. According to Binh Duong Provincial People’s Committee, in the first quarter of 2022, the province has attracted an estimated foreign investment capital (FDI) of 1.6 billion USD, increasing 3.6 times compared to the same period in 2021.
Distribution of industrial zones in Binh Duong
Binh Duong has become the industrial capital of the South region in particular and of the country in general. The list of Binh Duong industrial parks has reached 29 concentrated industrial parks with a total area of nearly 13,000 hectares, the average occupancy rate is over 83.4%.
Thu Dau Mot City
Located in the southwest of Binh Duong province, with the Saigon River flowing along the west, Thu Dau Mot city has a potential geographical position. This is a Class-1 provincial city, a key city for the economic development of the province, the Southeast region, and the southern key economic region.
Thu Dau Mot has many large-scale industrial parks:
– Song Than III Industrial Park: Scale of 533.85 hectares, occupancy rate reaches 85%
– VSIP II Industrial Park: Scale of 345 hectares, occupancy rate is up to 100%
– Dai Dang Industrial Park: Scale of 274.35 ha, occupancy rate reaches 45.82%.
– Kim Huy Industrial Park: Scale 213.63 hectares, new occupancy rate reaches 50.52%
– Dong An II Industrial Park: Scale 158.1 hectares, occupancy rate 86.59%
– Mapletree Binh Duong Hi-tech Industrial Park: Scale of 74.87 hectares, occupancy rate 44.95%
– Phu Tan Industrial Park: Scale of 107 hectares, infrastructure is in progress
Thuan An city
Thuan An is the bridge between Ho Chi Minh City and Thu Dau Mot City. The location adjacent to many districts of Ho Chi Minh City as well as the central areas of Binh Duong province, a large population, and an abundant labor market, are great advantages helping Thuan An attract investment.
Thuan An has many modern industrial parks:
– VSIP Industrial Park: Scale of 500 hectares, occupancy rate reaches 100%
– Dong An Industrial Park: Scale 138.7 hectares, occupancy rate reaches 100%
– Viet Huong Industrial Park: Scale of 36 hectares, occupancy rate reaches 100%
The 2nd GS Battery Factory, having DELCO as the General Contractor of Design – Build and provide smart factory solutions in VSIP Binh Duong Industrial Park – a model of a modern and international-wide industrial park.
Di An City
Di An is adjacent to Bien Hoa City (Dong Nai), which is the gateway to trade with the Central Highlands and South Central provinces.
Di An has many industrial zones with large scale and high value for the economic development of the region:
– Song Than II Industrial Park: Scale 279.27 hectares, occupancy rate reaches 96.5%
– Song Than I Industrial Park: Scale of 178 hectares, absolute occupancy rate 100%
– Tan Dong Hiep B Industrial Park: Scale 162.92 ha, occupancy rate 85%
– Tan Dong Hiep A Industrial Park: Scale 52.86 ha, occupancy rate 100%
– Binh An Industrial Park: Scale of 25.9 hectares, occupancy rate 96.04%
– Binh Duong Industrial Park: Scale of 16.5 hectares, occupancy rate 97.38%
Ben Cat Town
Ben Cat is located in the center of Binh Duong province, adjacent to Thu Dau Mot, Bau Bang, Dau Tieng, and Cu Chi districts of Ho Chi Minh City, with the Saigon River flowing through, having the suitable terrain for industrial, agricultural, and tourism development.
Ben Cat is the land of rubber trees. Although the economy is more diversified now, this industrial plant still occupies an important position in the economy, with industrial zones:
– My Phuoc III Industrial Park: Scale 997.7 ha, occupancy rate 90%
– Protrade International Industrial Park (An Tay): Scale 500 ha, occupancy rate 85%
– My Phuoc II Industrial Park: Scale 477.39 ha, occupancy rate 99.49%
– My Phuoc Industrial Park: Scale of 376.92 hectares, occupancy rate 88%
– Rach Bap Industrial Park: Scale 278.6 ha, occupancy rate 90% and is planning to expand phase 2 by 360 ha
– Viet Huong II Industrial Park: Scale of 250 hectares, occupancy rate 95%
– Thoi Hoa Industrial Park: Scale of 202.4 hectares, occupancy rate 99%
– Mai Trung Industrial Park: Scale 50.55 hectares, occupancy rate 65%
Tan Uyen Town
Tan Uyen mostly has fewer industrial parks than other regions but still has a great economic value such as:
– Nam Tan Uyen Industrial Park: Scale 330.51 ha, occupancy rate 90.47%
– Nam Tan Uyen Industrial Park expanded in 2009: Scale 288.52 ha, under construction and not yet completed, so the occupancy rate is only 4.3%.
Bac Tan Uyen district
Bac Tan Uyen district is geographically located adjacent to Dong Nai, Ben Cat town, Tan Uyen Town, Phu Giao, and Bau Bang district, including large industrial zones such as:
– VSIP IIA Industrial Park: Scale of 1000 ha, occupancy rate 100%
– Tan Binh Industrial Park: Scale 352.5 ha, occupancy rate 75%
Bau Bang District
As a new district, Bau Bang is in the initial stage of formation and development. Thanks to foreign investment capital, Bau Bang is a potential land to attract businesses, workers, and real estate projects. Bau Bang Industrial Park is an ideal place to attract investors in recent years: On a scale of 997.74 hectares, the occupancy rate is only 17.16%, focusing on attracting technology industries such as electronics, information technology, media and telecommunications, automotive technology, and supporting industries, etc.
Having consulted, designed – constructed industrial construction projects in Binh Duong, with many years of experience in the field, DELCO has been a reliable partner and a reputable Design-Build Contractor for many FDI projects from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc. in building high-quality factories, applying smart technology.
Source: Binh Duong Industrial Park Management Board